Raw vegetable pad thai w/ a yummy tamarind-mango-coconut dressing! Mix of zucchini, red pepper, carrot, purple cabbage, pea shoots, mango and a creamy dressing made by blending young coconut meat, coconut water, tamarind, cilantro, orange juice, lime juice, scallions, & fresh ginger.
I wrote all the ingredients and amounts down as I made it, so I can share the recipe with you!
• 2 to 3 medium zucchinis (300-400g)
• 1 large carrot
• 1/2 red bell pepper
• handful each of beet tops & spinach
• handful of pea shoots
• 1/2 medium purple cabbage (115g)
• 1/2 mango
• 1 tsp / 3 g tamarind (seeds & pod removed)
• 60 g / 1/2 cup young coconut meat
• 1/2 to 1 cup coconut water
• 1/2 tbsp lime juice
• 50 g / 1/2 cup mango
• 2 scallions (aka spring or green onions)
• 1/3 cup fresh orange juice
• tiny piece (about 1/3 teaspoon) fresh ginger
• few sprigs of cilantro
1. Submerge tamarind in a bit of coconut water and let it soak while preparing the vegetables.
2. Prepare & mix the veggies together. (I spiralized the zucchini & carrot, shredded the cabbage, julienned the red pepper & mango, and cut the beet tops & spinach chiffonade style.
3. In a blender mix all the dressing ingredients. Start with 1/2 a cup of coconut water, and add more if you want it more liquidy. (you can use the coconut water the tamarind was soaking in if you like).
4. mix dressing into the veggies and sprinkle some sesame seeds on top!